Is your child planning on attending camp this summer? Most summer camps in Montgomery County require that campers and counselors receive a complete physical exam before registering. Fast Track Urgent Care offers summer camp physicals at both our Silver Spring and Kensington locations. No appointment is necessary, so come in today!
Are you trying to learn more about “summer camp physicals near me” before choosing the right place to stop by? Call us at 800-417-1164 or contact us online for answers to all your questions.
Why are Summer Camp Physicals Required?
The state of Maryland often requires summer camp physicals to ensure that everyone attending camp is healthy enough to do so. The goal is to reduce injuries and health problems among campers and counselors.
Camp physicals serve three major purposes:
- Determine a camper’s general health. Summer camp often includes rigorous activities such as hiking, swimming, canoeing, archery, and other sports. A camp physical ensures each individual is healthy enough to safely participate in these activities.
- Uncover any pre-existing conditions. Children at summer camp have limited access to professional medical facilities. If your child has asthma or another pre-existing condition requiring medication, a summer camp physical may uncover it. This gives your doctor the chance to prescribe an inhaler that will help your child stay safe and healthy at camp.
- Provide personalized advice. If your child has high blood pressure, a weak ankle, or another physical limitation, the doctor may advise against certain activities while at camp. Having a doctor’s approval to limit participation keeps your child out of potentially dangerous situations that could be harmful to his health.
What to Expect During a Summer Camp Physical at Fast Track Urgent Care
When you visit our walk-in clinic in Silver Spring or Kensington, MD, be sure to bring the paperwork provided by your child’s school or camp, plus a copy of your child’s immunization records.
Here’s a look at what’s included in a summer camp physical:
- Medical history review, including any previous hospitalizations or illnesses
- Height and weight measurements
- Pulse and blood pressure readings
- Vision test
- Heart, lung, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat checks
- Joint, strength, and flexibility tests
- Questions about drug, alcohol, and dietary supplement use
At the conclusion of a summer camp physical, the doctor will sign your paperwork, as long as your child is healthy, granting permission to attend summer camp. If necessary, the doctor may need to perform follow-up exams, additional tests, or specific treatments for a medical problem before signing the paperwork.
Visit Our Walk-in Urgent Care Clinic for All Your Summer Healthcare Needs
In addition to summer camp physicals, Fast Track Urgent Care also provides walk-in services for other summer-related illnesses and injuries. Visit us whenever you need the following care:
- Swimmer’s ear treatment
- Relief for bug bites and rashes
- Sunburn and heatstroke remedies
- Care for sprains and fractures
Stop by today for your child’s summer camp physical – no appointment necessary! If you have any questions about our services, please contact Fast Track Urgent Care today at 800-417-1164.
Urgent Care Service Area
In addition to our walk-in clinics in Silver Spring and Kensington, we also provide urgent care services for people who live and work in the following Maryland areas: Adelphi, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Burtonsville, Cabin John, Calverton , Chevy Chase, Cloverly, Colesville, College Park, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown, Glen Echo, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Langley Park, Laurel, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Norwood, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Scaggsville, Silver Spring, Spencerville, Takoma Park, and Wheaton. We also provide urgent care services in the Washington, DC area.