Looking for a flu shot clinic near the Kemp Mill, Maryland area? Fast Track Urgent Care’s two walk-in locations offer quadrivalent flu vaccines, which protect against four strands of the flu, for just $29 out of pocket. Plus, we now accept insurance for flu shots, so you can get the vaccine for even less than that. The best part is, you never need to make an appointment!
Do you have questions about flu shots near Kemp Mill, MD? Call us at 800-417-1164 today!
Why Get the Flu Vaccine?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that everyone six months of age and older get an annual flu vaccine as the best first defense against getting the seasonal flu.
Anyone can catch the flu, but those who are at higher risk include people who:
- Are pregnant
- Live with or care for infants six months old and younger
- Have a medical condition that increases chances of flu-related complications, including chronic conditions such as:
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Have a job that involves emergency, medical, or healthcare services
The flu can cause mild to severe illness and can sometimes result in hospitalization or even death. The best way to prevent getting the flu is to get the flu vaccination every year.
Walk-in Flu Shots in Kemp Mill, Maryland
At both of our MD walk-in clinics—on Connecticut Avenue in Kensington and New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring—we offer walk-in flu shots. There is no need to make an appointment! We also offering the following high quality medical services:
- Preservative-free flu vaccinations
- High-dosage flu vaccinations (for patients older than 65 years old)
Flu Vaccinations for Children & Adults
Children aren’t the only ones who can easily get the flu. Adults and the elderly should also have protection against the flu virus. By getting your entire family vaccinated, you can also help to stop the spread of the flu virus to others at work and at school. Many pediatricians’ offices only offer flu shots on limited days at limited times. But with Fast Track’s evening and weekend hours, your kids won’t have to miss school and you won’t have to miss work to get their flu shots!
Flu Vaccine FAQs
- How long does it take the vaccine to work? It takes about two weeks to build up immunity to the flu after you get vaccinated. That’s why you should get your flu shot as soon as possible.
- Does the flu shot give you the flu? The flu vaccine does not give you the flu. The influenza viruses contained in the vaccine are inactive and cannot cause infection.
- Why do some people feel ill after getting the flu shot? Some people do report having mild reactions to the flu vaccine, like aches or a low-grade fever. However, these reactions are short-lived, usually only lasting 1-2 days, and they are NOT the flu. Also, not everyone who gets the flu vaccine will experience these reactions.
The symptoms and possible effects of having the seasonal flu are far worse than the possible mild, short-lived side effects of the flu vaccine!
Do You Accept Insurance?
Fast Track Urgent Care accepts many insurance plans. If you don’t see your insurance plan listed here, feel free to call us at 800-417-1165 with any questions.
Additional Ways to Prevent the Flu
Besides getting the flu shot, what else can you do to protect yourself?
- Wash your hands often, especially during the winter (flu season).
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible. Viruses frequently enter your body through these areas.
- Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it often.
- Avoid contact with people who have the flu.
Who Should NOT Get the Flu Shot?
Although the flu vaccine is recommended for the majority of people, there are some who should not get the flu shot. You shouldn’t get the influenza vaccine if you:
- Have a fever
- Are allergic to chicken eggs
- Have had an allergic reaction to flu shots in the past
- Are younger than six months old
If you want to know more about influenza or general flu protection, call Fast Track Urgent Care today at 800-417-1165!
Get a Flu Shot near Kemp Mill, MD
Since our walk-in clinics in Kensington and Silver Spring don’t require appointments, you can get your flu vaccine on your own time, when it’s most convenient you for! Visit one of our Kemp Mill-area walk-in flu shot clinics today!
If you don’t see your insurance provider listed, feel free to contact us—we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.