Pediatric Urgent Care in Silver Spring
When your child is injured or sick outside of your doctor’s hours—or needs immediate medical care close by—come to Fast Track Urgent Care. Both of our walk-in clinic locations provide pediatric urgent care in the Silver Spring area.
Our board-certified doctors and clinicians understand that children can be nervous and even frightened in an unfamiliar environment—especially when they’re not feeling well. We take special care to put our younger patients at ease with gentle reassurance and friendly smiles.
Instead of searching for “pediatric urgent care near me,” call Fast Track Urgent Care at 800-417-1164 to learn more about our pediatric urgent care services or visit one of our locations. You never need an appointment at Fast Track!
If your child has a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 immediately and/or go to the nearest emergency room.
When Should I Take My Child to Urgent Care?
Fast Track Urgent Care treats the following pediatric issues:
- Asthma – Asthma can cause episodes of coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightening of the chest. If your child experiences a sudden, severe asthma attack, call 911 or head to an emergency room immediately. If the symptoms are less serious but are still causing discomfort, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for treatment.
- Common childhood illnesses – From chickenpox to RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) to measles, we can treat all childhood illnesses.
- Ear infections – Ear infections can make your little one miserable. Fast Track’s doctors can diagnose ear infections and prescribe treatment, which you can pick up from our on-site pharmacies.
- Fever – If you are worried about your child’s fever, call your child’s pediatrician. She or he may recommend that you bring your child to urgent care.
- Minor burns – We treat minor burns with great care. Bring your child to Fast Track if you believe your child has suffered a second-degree burn or a first-degree burn that you are concerned about. Second-degree burns definitely require immediate medical attention.
- Minor cuts and lacerations – If you suspect that your child’s wound requires stitches, you should come to a Fast Track Urgent Care location immediately. The risk of infection increases the longer a cut goes untreated. And if your child tetanus shot isn’t up to date, a booster is critical.
- Possible broken bones or simple fractures – Not sure if a bone is broken? Bring your child to Fast Track for an x-ray.
- Rashes and skin infections – A rash could be a reaction to an irritant or a signal of a larger problem. Find out at Fast Track.
- Sprains and strains – Sprains need quick treatment so they don’t get more serious. Fast Track can diagnose you child’s sprain or strain and get her back on the road to healing.
- Strep throat – If you suspect your child may have strep throat, bring him in right away. Fast Track’s doctors and clinicians can diagnose strep with a quick test and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Vomiting and diarrhea – A troubled tummy is never a good time for your little one—or the rest of the household! At Fast Track, our doctors and clinicians can diagnose the illness and advise you on the best treatment for whatever is causing your child’s discomfort.
Additional Children’s Medical Services at Fast Track Urgent Care
When you or your child needs urgent care or walk-in clinic services in the Kensington, Silver Spring, and Chevy Chase area, come to Fast Track.
Why Choose Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You don’t need to call ahead.There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff.Our board certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long.Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
- You can get your prescription filled while you’re here.Both of our walk-in clinics have on-site pharmacies, saving you a trip to the drugstore.
Learn more about Fast Track’s pediatric urgent care services in Silver Spring by calling 800-417-1164.
Urgent Care Service Area
In addition to our walk-in clinics in Silver Spring and Kensington, we also provide urgent care services for people who live and work in the following Maryland areas: Adelphi, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Burtonsville, Cabin John, Calverton , Chevy Chase, Cloverly, Colesville, College Park, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown, Glen Echo, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Langley Park, Laurel, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Norwood, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Scaggsville, Silver Spring, Spencerville, Takoma Park, and Wheaton. We also provide urgent care services in the Washington, DC area.