Respiratory ailments—like asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and others—can make life very uncomfortable. If you experience an asthma attack or suspect you have another respiratory issue, come to Fast Track Urgent Care. We treat respiratory illnesses at both of our walk-in clinic locations.
Call us at 800-417-1164 to learn more about “respiratory care services near me” in the Maryland and Washington, DC area.
Asthma can cause episodes of coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightening of the chest. If you experience a sudden, severe asthma attack, you should call 911 or head to an emergency room immediately. If the symptoms are less serious but are still causing discomfort, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for treatment. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians will be able to quickly assess your symptoms and offer relief.
Fast Track’s doctors can also prescribe an asthma treatment plan if needed.
You may have acute bronchitis if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Increased production of mucus
- Pain and tenderness in the chest
- Persistent fatigue
- Slight fever and/or chills
Treatment for bronchitis will typically include rest, increased fluid intake, over-the-counter cold medicine and pain relievers, and use of a humidifier. You may need to take a prescription medication if your discomfort increases.
If the symptoms listed above are more severe and last for months, you may have chronic bronchitis.
Fast Track Urgent Care’s Silver Spring-area walk-in clinics offer treatment for both acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis.
Urgent Care Treatment for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
COPD, caused when chronic bronchitis is accompanied by emphysema, is the fourth leading cause of death in the US. Nearly 80 percent of COPD cases are caused by exposure to cigarette smoke.
COPD symptoms include:
- Chronic coughing
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
Treatment for COPD will start with quitting smoking, if you are a smoker. Your doctor can help you find the smoking cessation method that is right for you. Additional treatments include inhaled medications, inhaled and oral steroids, antibiotics, and other oral medications. Lung therapies and surgery may also be considered.
Pneumonia Treatment at Urgent Care Clinics
Pneumonia symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
Pneumonia can be viral or bacterial. Pneumonia caused by a bacterial infection is typically treated by antibiotics. Viral pneumonia is usually treated with anti-viral medication. If your pneumonia is severe, you may need to be treated in a hospital.
If you think you may have pneumonia, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for a diagnosis and treatment.
Nebulizer Treatment for Respiratory Illnesses
Fast Track offers nebulizer treatments for asthma suffers and patients experiencing other respiratory problems.
Nebulizers convert liquid medication into a vapor which is easily inhaled directly into the lungs. Many patients report extreme relief after nebulizer treatment.
Urgent Care Respiratory Treatment
Please contact Fast Track Urgent Care to learn more about our respiratory care and nebulizer treatments.
Why Get Respiratory Treatment at Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You can come in on your own schedule. Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
- You can get your prescription filled while you’re here. Both of our walk-in clinics have on-site pharmacies, saving you a trip to the drugstore.
If you have any questions about the services that Fast Track’s walk-in clinics offer, please give us a call at 800-417-1164.
Additional Walk-in Clinic Services from Fast Track
- Strep throat – If you suspect you or a member of your family may have strep throat, bring him in right away. Fast Track’s doctors and clinicians can diagnose strep with a quick test and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Minor cuts and lacerations – When a wound requires stitches, come to a Fast Track Urgent Care location immediately. The risk of infection increases the longer a cut goes untreated. And if your tetanus shot isn’t up to date, a booster is critical.
- Possible broken bones or simple fractures – Not sure if a bone is broken? Come to Fast Track for an x-ray.
Urgent Care Service Area
In addition to our walk-in clinics in Silver Spring and Kensington, we also provide urgent care services for people who live and work in the following Maryland areas: Adelphi, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Burtonsville, Cabin John, Calverton , Chevy Chase, Cloverly, Colesville, College Park, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown, Glen Echo, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Langley Park, Laurel, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Norwood, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Scaggsville, Silver Spring, Spencerville, Takoma Park, and Wheaton. We also provide urgent care services in the Washington, DC area.